Thursday 24 December 2009

Let them know it's *&^%$#@() time - 25 year anniversary - old favourites - some lovely music to listen to - scroll down first, hit play... any play, pop on your old Koala suit and have a read

"I heard the news today oh boy"  It's 25 years since a who’s who of should-never-have-been (soon to be has-beens) utterly boring popsters sang that annoying song about all the starving people - Look at us boring rich popsters making you feel guilty about gorging yourself at Christmas time - let them know it's Christmas by donating all your money to their despot governments and corrupt officials... Oh, go get Knighted will you! (song - Let Them Know It's Christmas time by Band Aid - in case you want reminding!)

I think it was with that song and all that yelling at crowds when the clever guilt-trip scripting began.  Psychologically refined, it is now employed by backpackers on holiday working as charity collectors....
Smiley healthy young things that call to you as you walk toward them, next to them and away from them saying, "Do you care about the environment / refugees / eyesight ...?"


Unlike the coin collecting Koalas, it's hard to ridicule these nice acting  English / Irish / American folks - likely part of a guilt-trip brainwashing conspiracy because suddenly we all have to be nice, don't we - maybe it's the folate they add to flour...

I measured my not having owned a car or motorbike for 15years, turning off all appliances at the power-point, been using those bloody light saver globes for years (- they save money but they're a bit dim and if you don't see the booger on your face, you walk out of your house with that booger on your face
in public -)
 ...footprint  and said "Fuck off" to someone.
I didn't want to say fuck off... Now that I think about it you know I didn't actually say fuck off, I really said "Oh, get fucked".
I said it as I walked past a visiting clipboard carrying man who spoke to me even though I didn't make eye contact but he didn't ask if I cared, he said, "DON'T you care?" **

But what should a person really do when faced with feeling helpless (refer**)??
SING. 
Yes, that's right, get out a cake tin, give it a tap and have yourself a singalong.

You can simply clap your hands... or not.

It's been a long time since I took some leisure time at RatherGoodDOTcom - close to 5 years - gosh.
 An old favourtie AH and I often sing around the house is La la la la Football - we mess up the words and only sing the easy bits but it's a jolly song (oh except we didn't barrack -am I supposed to spell that Barak from now on lest the lightening comes for me - for England - we cheered on all the underdogs and then the Germans and mostly the women's finals anyway...):


I really like the totally unsound one by those naughty hedgehogs... but I've chosen one of AH's favourites to show here - it really tickles her and for me, well it's another jolly and catchy singalong (and maybe a little nudge about GM and adding things to food and water for the good of the public):





**I'd just heard a report that some scientists have suggested that due to global warming, the carbon monoxide in Eucalyptus trees may become so high that nutritional levels in leaves will drop drastically and Koalas will die out. There really will be drop-bears - dropping out of trees, dead (insert unhappy face made of semi colons and brackets).  The report really shook me up and I figured I would continue to donate independently and when I can to the Australian Koala Foundation rather than give my personal banking details or credit card number to a foreigner standing on a street corner with a carefully scripted set of words.
- "when I can" meaning, oi! EVERYONE, stop being so Nihilist and buy art.

buy my art!  then you see,  I can donate to worthy causes... wow, that's a trip!


A classic sing-a-long:

I’m the Zoology Dragon,
I drive around in my Dragon Wagon,

I invent animals,
(that are) MADE OF CUBES

I’m the Zoology Dragon,
I’m always buzzing and I’m never flagging,
I’ve made more animals than you can imagine,
SO PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR SURFACE TENSION

COW! CUBE!
COWUUUUUBE!

COW! CUBE!
COWUUUUUBE!
I’m the Zoology Dragon,
Making animals is my passion,

I made the elephant and the donkey,

BUT BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOT INFINITE DENSITY
COW! CUBE!
COWUUUUUBE!
COW! CUBE!
COWUUUUUBE!

No comments: