Friday 12 June 2009

A song that keeps visiting my brain without permission

This one pisses me off so I thought I'd share it with other folks who are into enjoying being annoyed by squeaky-voiced, hot pants wearing blond Scotts

-as opposed to squeaky voiced extra pair of socks in the jeans choking on own vomit Bon Scott(s) -hmmm will the rock god police hit me with 1 million volts of lightening bolts ... oh, dear I must mean High Voltage!!

Damn, see, corny crap pop from my small child past makes me silly with pun.

the following band was called "Middle of the Road" but I think they should have called themselves the Tweeties or Squeaky Squash Squish goober something...

When I think of 'middle of the road' (MOR) it's a style of music very bland and boring and more like those 1980s soft rock bands or torch singers with bad synth (think Whitney, George Michael, America and their 'ken horse, Eagles, Icehouse and all those A-Ha type bands and without thinking about how nice Annie Lennox looks, have you listened to Eurythmics, There Must be an Angel - it is soooo MOR I may have to self-harm)

MOR cannot always be easily ignored it can be very very very annoying - in the past week I've been working for a lovely fellow researching some archives in Ultimo where there is different boring radio stations piped throughout the building each day and it's been making me a bit ratty.
How can Vega FM make even Patti Smith sound wrong... by surrounding her song with tedious Icehouse and some other shit. Another day it was 2-Day FM - Kenny Rogers and all!
At 4PM one day, the office people changed the station to a christian program - whoa, that's definitely MOR (hands up who wants to see Guy Sebastian naked??) with really odd god advertisements thrown in just to gobsmacked this unsuspecting atheist.

But to get back to 1971 this bit of bubble can on first listening not be dismissed as easily as 80s MOR -it is annoying yet catchy at the same time

urgh - did I write that? Catchy? no it's fucking not. 'ken chirp your fucken cheep... and what is it with the Tweety Pie voice?

See if you can last through the whole song, have a little singalong while you're at it... share it




I don't even know how I got to be listening to this - that's the disease of it...

No comments: